Focal Point
[CLOSED] Search option - maintain

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2277072706

July 22, 2011, 12:38 PM
Enigma006
[CLOSED] Search option - maintain
hi

i am trying to implement search option in maintain tool but somehow its not working as expected. can someone help me with the MATCH statement with the tool.

I have a text box and search button. when something is entered and button is clicked, it goes to different form with htm table to show that matching record.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All
July 25, 2011, 06:13 AM
GamP
quote:
somehow it's not working as expected

So, what have you coded, what's in the database, what do you expect and what do you get?
There is enough documentation on the MATCH command available, I assume you have already read those?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
July 25, 2011, 08:51 AM
Maintain Wizard
I wouldn't use Match. I would use something like this:

COMPUTE search1/a0 = Input text
Reposition Keyfield
Stack clear outstk
For all next keyfield into outstk
where keyfield contains search1

Here input text is the value entered on the screen.

Mark
July 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
Enigma006
Thanks for your replies.

@Mark - I am not much into the code and I am trying to do with the wizard.

@Gamp - Yes, I did go through the documentation and whenever I search, I just get what I entered in the search box.

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All
July 26, 2011, 02:40 AM
GamP
quote:
I am trying to do with the wizard

Be aware that the wizard is quite limited. It will only give you some pretty standard code and in my experience most of the code you need is not obtainable through the wizard, although it does give you a head start in some situations.
Same with the FOR ALL ... WHERE ..., which syntax definitely is available through the wizard. You may need to fine tune the code after closing the wizard.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
July 26, 2011, 08:19 AM
Maintain Wizard
I highly recommend reading up on Retrieving records and using the Where clause. It is not difficult to code and a lot easier than using the Wizards.

Mark