Focal Point
[CLOSED] Agent Aborting

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2281021962

January 31, 2008, 01:45 PM
Suzanne
[CLOSED] Agent Aborting
I am running a fex that causes the agent to abort. I do not get an error message, data is actually returned. Is there somewhere I can look to determine what is causing the issue???

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 766
Win2K
January 31, 2008, 05:20 PM
GinnyJakes
Can you comment out most of the code, get it to run, then add it back a little at a time to figure out where the fex is failing?

I know this is boring but it is a tried-and-true method.

You also might try turning on traces if you don't have a large user base.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
February 01, 2008, 10:01 AM
Brian Suter
Run the fex with IBIWF_msgviewer=ECHOON. That will give you the msg stream in one frame (and each line of the fex executed) and another frame with the report output.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development
February 06, 2008, 10:14 AM
Suzanne
Thank you! I had already stepped through the program, but no error is generated when the agent crashed - the data was returned. The only reason I know that the agent crashed is b/c I monitor the agents in the admin console. I will try the IWF_msgviewer=ECHOON command. I appreciate your help!

WF 766
Win2K
February 08, 2008, 10:06 AM
Brian Suter
Run with full traces ... sounds like the agent crashes when the agent shuts down. The last msg might be useful. Also, click on write IBISNAP info to log.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development
June 03, 2011, 09:09 AM
Mayank Agrawal
Hi
I was trying IBIWF_msgviewer=ECHOON. but not getting report in one frame and source code in another frame. Instead getting only the source code in the bootom section of the report page and above that everything blank.
Please help.
Thanking You.

7.6.11, Windows
Excel, HTML,PDF