Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Setting up TOC Layout properties

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Setting up TOC Layout properties
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,

I am using BYTOC in my html version report. Is it possible to display the TOC instead of always shows up on left hand side of the page to show up on the right hand side.
Also is it possible to modify the TOC size like currently having the data displayed can't view need to scroll horizontal to view data properly.
One last item on TOC - Need to move the report page after click on the data from TOC, but it moves to only start of the TOC group which it belongs, doesn't go to particular data selected from TOC.

Pls. give me your inputs/suggestion how to fix TOC issue.

Thanks,

WF 7.6.2/ OS WIN2003.
DM 7.6.2

Posts: 103 | Registered: September 08, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Changing the way that the TOC behaves likely requires that you modify the code that creates the control. From experience, I don't recommend you do that since you will then have to modify each succeeding install.
As far as navigation is concerned you can nest the TOC to multiple levels of sort fields. Instead of setting the TOC on the first BY field select the second or third. The TOC will then be displayed in a heirachical format allowing you navigation to be more precise.

WF 7703M, XP/Win7, MRE, RC, BID, PMF, HTML, PDF, Excel 2000/7/10

Posts: 73 | Location: NY | Registered: February 06, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alex !

I have used the TOC by 3 level but TOC on click on the hyperlink to the lower level doesn't move to the item selected. It goes uptp first level of By field only.
If TOC changes for all reports then definitely not to go for it. Try to find alternatives with user.

Once again Thanks for your inputs.

WF 7.6.2/ OS WIN2003.
DM 7.6.2

Posts: 103 | Registered: September 08, 2006Report This Post