Focal Point
Dynamic address with multiple email addresses

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2331017871

August 02, 2006, 01:36 PM
texascyclone
Dynamic address with multiple email addresses
Hi,

I am trying to distribute a report using Dynamic address with multiple addresses. So, one report will be sent to more than one person. I have the email addresses in one column separated by ';'.
But when I schedule the job I get this error:
THE PRINT LINE EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LINE WIDTH.

I tried the SET WIDTH command but that didnt get rid of the error.

What else could be the problem?

Thanks.
August 02, 2006, 02:07 PM
Leah
You may have to put the email addresses in a distibution list or a file. Are you using Caster?

Leah
August 02, 2006, 02:10 PM
texascyclone
Yes, I am using report caster.
I have the master file having the distribution information with a column that contains the list of email addresses.
August 02, 2006, 02:23 PM
Leah
Help text on a distribution file
Distribution File. In the accompanying text box, type the full path and file name of the Distribution File. The path and file name must be accessible to the ReportCaster Distribution Server.

The external file must contain comma-delimited records, where the maximum length is 75 characters. Records must end with a comma followed by a dollar sign (,$). Each record must be entered on a separate line in the file.

I normally create a distribution list using the tool rather than a file.

Leah
August 02, 2006, 04:17 PM
texascyclone
Leah,

I am not sure if I understand you right, but I am trying to use dynamic address. This is not the same as using the Distribution file. The former determines the addresses during the run time while the later has the addresses fixed.
August 02, 2006, 04:42 PM
texascyclone
I got it to work.

For some reasons it didnt like the INCLUDE command.

Thanks for trying to help.
August 02, 2006, 07:54 PM
susannah
texas, can you by any chance tell me how you did that? show me some code?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID