Focal Point
[CLOSED] List of all log files WF Server and Client creates

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2337075176

July 07, 2014, 10:36 AM
WFFTW
[CLOSED] List of all log files WF Server and Client creates
I'm working on a deployment that requires very explicit and detailed documentation of everything but have as yet not been able to find a list of all the logs WF Server and Client creates and what goes in each. Can anyone point me at such a resource?

PS Working with 8008.

Cheers!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
July 07, 2014, 12:09 PM
Tony A
Hi and welcome to the Point,

You have a mammoth task on your hands and not one of which I am at all envious! I do not know of a single document that will help but there is a collection that with have what you need - I am afraid that it will require some digging though! Frowner

At the top left of this page you should see a link for "WebFOCUS 8 Info Center". Go to that link and then perform a search on "diagnostics" to begin with and then maybe "edaprint.log" etc.

There may be documentation of which I am not aware, so prepare for a few other posts (hopefully) from other "Pointers".

Oh, and I would prepare a pot of strong coffee to help you through the mountain of documentation that you might need to look at Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
July 07, 2014, 12:52 PM
WFFTW
Thanks for the speedy response Tony. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but I've now rolled up my sleeves and started.

Current Deployment 8008M on Windows 2008 R2
July 08, 2014, 01:41 AM
Rifaz
Hi WFFTW,

Traces really depends on the issue,although, as to start, refer doc on SAVEDIAG which covers almost all.

SAVEDIAG

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x
July 08, 2014, 08:10 AM
Alex
It is possible to turn on traces for every functionality of the WebFOCUS Server and Client. Doing so 24/7 would likely be so detrimental to processing time though, that your performance would suffer. Logging might be the only function left operating. If you need to accumulate information of who ran what applications and returned what information with what frequency you'd be better to license Resource Analyzer.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF