Focal Point
(closed) More Entries in Dynamic Distribution List than values to burst

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2337088776

August 17, 2015, 12:27 PM
Joni Campbell - Europa Sports
(closed) More Entries in Dynamic Distribution List than values to burst
I've created a dynamic distribution list, and have successfully implemented it to burst the associated report (format HTML, to be included as an inline email message.) If there are entries in the dynamic distribution list for which there are not matching report entries to be burst, then the ReportCaster job creates an error listing the values that have no report. Is there a way to avoid these error messages?

Thanks for your help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joni Campbell - Europa Sports,

Windows, HTML, AHTML, Excel
In FOCUS since 1983
August 17, 2015, 01:53 PM
RSquared
Joni,

I had the same problem and the solution I came up with was to include the selection logic from the report into the dynamic distribution list program. That will guarantee that the list will contain entries only for those who are in the report.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit
August 19, 2015, 02:53 PM
Joni Campbell - Europa Sports
RSquared: I just created a second ReportCaster job which creates a second copy of the same report, but which does not burst; it is sent to an email address without the dynamic distribution list. Thank you for your reply.

Windows, HTML, AHTML, Excel
In FOCUS since 1983
August 20, 2015, 06:06 AM
SWES
RSquared,

Great solution to avoid the 'errors'! This we can implement in some of our ReportCaster processes.

Thank you for sharing with us.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup