Focal Point
Can't create HOLD file

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2371080242

August 15, 2007, 03:55 PM
Ron Hansard
Can't create HOLD file
We just upgraded to WF762, and I'm having problems with creating HOLD files in some routines. The fex runs fine and retrieves the required data, but when I insert the ON TABLE HOLD command, I get the 'EDA no data' message. I've looked for hidden, wierd characters that might prevent it, but can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Release 8.2.1
Microsoft Server 2012R2
August 15, 2007, 04:41 PM
Brian Suter
You get EDA NO DATA when there is no report and nothing in the message output queue.
Make sure MESSAGE is set to ON.
On a regular hold file, you just see the msg of records and lines. If some how SET MESSAGE =OFF was inssue in a profile, the msg is not produced.
You can see the setting of message by issuing
? SET MESSAGE

Or simply add a SET MESSAGE = ON to the fex in question to see what happens.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development
August 15, 2007, 06:20 PM
Darin Lee
As Brian mentions, this is proper behavior when you are doing an ON TABLE HOLD. There is nothing to be sent back to the browser (because the output was held in a file on the server) so you get the EDA no data. You can do a ? HOLD holdfilename to see that the layout of the hold file and know that it was created as you specified.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat