Focal Point
Are there any special configurations needed for Macintosh Users?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2401016731

November 22, 2005, 12:11 PM
sdsdw
Are there any special configurations needed for Macintosh Users?
Our Macintosh users are unable to run Webfocus reports. We tried to use Internet explorer on the MAC and the user seems to login just fine. Then they can select a report. But once they select parameters for the report and click SUBMIT, their download manager opens and says it has to download the ibiweb.exe file, and no report will generate.

We have a self service application running on Webfocus 5.3.2 on a Windows 2003 platform.

Bob
November 22, 2005, 12:30 PM
suzy_smith
You may need to use the servlet version of WebFOCUS.

I use a Mac all the time to check out our self-serve reports with Safari, Firefox, Camino, etc.

We are on 5.3.2 on unix.

Suzy
November 22, 2005, 02:09 PM
sdsdw
quote:
I

To add confusion to our problem, we tested our self service application from another Mac and it worked. So, there must be some kind of local configuration perhaps related to security that allows our app to work. Not being a Mac user, I have no idea what that configuration would be.

Bob

Bob
November 22, 2005, 02:53 PM
suzy_smith
IE is very OLD on the Mac, yet it also seems to work. Are you using the unix-based Mac OS X or the old Mac OS 9?

I would examine IE's preferences on the 2 machines and see if you notice any differences.

Suzy
November 22, 2005, 03:02 PM
Francis Mariani
How about trying your app on Safari? Iit's the most standards compliant browser out there.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server