Focal Point
[SOLVED]Maintain Calendar

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2407026136

June 20, 2013, 01:19 PM
trishH
[SOLVED]Maintain Calendar
I am trying to utilize the calendar option for 6 date fields on a Maintain Form
it shows up for 3 of the fields but not for 3 others

any idea why?
the form has calendar set to yes
each of the fields has calendar set to yes

and they are all computed fields in 3 different stacks
the field format for each is /MDYY

Webfocus 7.7.02

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trishH,

webfocus 7.703, windows, pdf,excel,html
June 24, 2013, 04:39 AM
Alan B
There is no reason for this behaviour. Can you replicate this behaviour in a simple maintain? Are there any similarities, apart from the obvious, with the 3 fields where the control does not appear?

If you look at the view source from the browser and pick out all 6 objects, can you compare the attributes and scripts for these, are they all the same?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
June 24, 2013, 07:41 AM
Maintain Wizard
Hi Trish
As Alan points out, there really is no reason for this behavior. However, there are a couple of things to check.

The first thing is, make sure the calendar property on each of the fields IS set to yes. We have seen times when this option resets itself to NO by itself.

Second, make sure there is room next to the field for the calendar icon and that the ZINDEX for the field is higher than anything that may be overlaying the field. This includes Group boxes and text objects.

Was this application migrated from an earlier release? If so, make sure the three JavaScript files that were needed to produce the calendar in earlier releases have been removed from the form.

If none of this helps, and the fields really do all have the same format, you can zip up the file and send it to me at Mark_Derwin@IBI.Com and I will be happy to figure it out.

Mark
July 15, 2013, 04:15 PM
trishH
Thanks to Mark Derwin for his help. Apparently at one time the fields that were not displayed were computed using lowercase mdyy (as opposed to MDYY).
That had subsequently been corrected in the top case and deployed but the change did not occur in the form itself so the field was not recognized as a date format.
I deleted the field put it back on the form and deployed and the problem was solved

webfocus 7.703, windows, pdf,excel,html