Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Pie Graph - Two Parameters

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Pie Graph - Two Parameters
 Login/Join

posted
I have a pie graph that I am trying to link to a report passing two parameters: main_product and status_desc. X: unit_no, Y: main_product, across: status_desc.

Graph Code:
SUM CNT.FUELRPT.UNIT_NO AS 'UNIT COUNT'
ACROSS FUELRPT.MAIN_PRODUCT
BY FUELRPT.STATUS_DESC
TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
FOCEXEC=unit_fuel_bystatus.fex(PROD=A1 STATUS=N2),$

Report Code:
WHERE ( FUELRPT.MAIN_PRODUCT EQ '&PROD.(FUELRPT.MAIN_PRODUCT).PROD.' );
WHERE ( FUELRPT.STATUS_DESC EQ '&STATUS.(FUELRPT.STATUS_DESC).STATUS.' );

I tried following discussion, but I couldn't get it to work for me. https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...141068331#1141068331

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jmcgeorge,

Jeff
DevStudio, 5.2.6
Please be kind....I'm new at this!

posted Hide Post
***Bump***

Any ideas? Thanks again!

Jeff
DevStudio, 5.2.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Let us identify where your problem lies. When you click on the drilldown link, what URL is being passed?

It should be something like -
http://[yourwebserver]/ibi_apps/WFServlet?
blahblah&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIF_ex=unit_fuel_bystatus.fex&PROD=[somevalue]&STATUS=[somevalue]

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My code above gave me the URL result of &PROD=Unleaded&STATUS=217.00& (217.00 is the unit count).

So, I tried passing the ACROSSCOLUMN:
STATUS=N1 (URL result for status: &STATUS=%20)

Next, I tried how the above linked discussion described:

SUM CNT.FUELRPT.UNIT_NO AS 'UNIT COUNT' FUELRPT.STATUS_DESC NOPRINT
ACROSS FUELRPT.MAIN_PRODUCT
BY FUELRPT.STATUS_DESC
TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
FOCEXEC=unit_fuel_bystatus.fex(PROD=A1 STATUS=N3),$

And my URL result was PROD=DIESEL&STATUS=0.00&

I tried a bunch of different variations without any success.

Jeff
DevStudio, 5.2.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Try using the column name instead of the column notation - i.e. MAIN_PRODUCT instead of A1 and STATUS_DESC instead of N3.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony,
I tried it, but the report is still blank with the URL for status as %20. I am starting to believe this is not possible. Have you successfully passed two parameters from a graph to a report? If so, could you share your code?
Thanks again for your help,

Jeff
DevStudio, 5.2.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

A small example that you might be able to utilise -
-* File basic_graph.fex
-DEFAULT &Year     = 1990
-DEFAULT &Category = 'Coffee'
-SET &Rand = RDNORM('D12.2') * 100000;
DEFINE FILE GGSALES
  YEAR/YY = DATE;
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS AS ''
ACROSS CATEGORY AS ''
BY YEAR AS ''
WHERE YEAR EQ &Year
  AND CATEGORY EQ '&Category'
HEADING
"&Year - &Category"
END
GRAPH FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS
BY CATEGORY
ACROSS YEAR
WHERE YEAR FROM 1990 TO 1999
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH LINE
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, ACROSSCOLUMN=N1, FOCEXEC=basic_graph(Year=YEAR Category=CATEGORY Rand=&Rand), $
ENDSTYLE
END

The parameters being passed are defaulted to non existant data values to begin with, just to show that they have changed after you have clicked a link.

Of course, this may not be the type of graph you require but it shows that it will function and might assist in your understanding?

The &Rand is just to force the creation of a new report and not serve one from cache.

Good luck

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986