Focal Point
[CLOSED] Variable already exists Error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2427062886

November 07, 2017, 02:58 PM
BI_Developer
[CLOSED] Variable already exists Error
Hello

I have a procedure and I am linking to a HTML which has some input controls. There is a listbox control as well.
When I add procedure in "Requests and Data Sources", there is an alert saying - "parameter (listbox amper variable) already exists and has a different format or selection criteria (multi select vs single select), correct problem before proceeding."

I changed the listbox to both single select and multi select but getting the same error.

All other parameters are linked fine to HTML but this parameter is not getting linked.

Please suggest anything I can try.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2.01 APP STUDIO
PDF,HTML,EXL2K,Active
November 07, 2017, 03:05 PM
MartinY
You probably have the same variable used in another procedure (from another Data Source) that is already included in your HTML and you don't have a DEFAULTH for it.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
November 07, 2017, 03:20 PM
Waz
Check the PROMPT, etc in your fex, compared to the ones in your other fexes.

We usually see this when one fex is expecting multi values and the other a single value.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!