Focal Point
Passing parameters dynamically in WF 7.1.4

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2441033981

October 05, 2006, 09:29 AM
Syed
Passing parameters dynamically in WF 7.1.4
Query: How to populate the frame with in the html page when the value is selected in the drop down list(i.e on changing the option in the drop down list) ?

In Detail:

I have created one drop down list using the html layout painter and I have populated the data dynamically . My issue is when ever I change the value in the dropdown list I have to generate the report with in the frame which is in the same html page. I am not able to pass the parameters from the drop down list to the procedure which will take this parameter as the condition and populate the report in the frame. I have attached a screen shot .
FYI I have tried using the 'onchange' function in javascript using the html layout painter. However, I was not able to pass the required parameters to the procedure being called, using this function.
Please suggest a workaround for this problem. Let me know if you need any further information about this issues.

Regards
Syed

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio
October 05, 2006, 11:49 AM
Tony A
Syed,

When you say a frame do you mean an Iframe? If so then just realign the src for the iframe to the required fex with your parameters.

Say for instance your Iframe's Id is "iframe1" and your combo box has Id="select1" and name="fexparm" then just -

<script .......>
  this.displayElement = getElementById("iframe1");
  this.comboElement = getElementById("select1");
  this.displayElement.src = "\ibi_apps\WFServlet?IBIAPP_app=.....&IBIF_ex=.......&fexparm="+this.comboElement.value;
etc....
</script>

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
October 06, 2006, 10:16 AM
Syed
Hi Tony
Thanks for the help. The method suggested by you worked and I am able to use the 'On Change' option.

Regards
Syed

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio