Focal Point
[SOLVED]Mobile Favorite - 8105

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2447070486

September 29, 2016, 02:04 PM
AJEN7118
[SOLVED]Mobile Favorite - 8105
Hello,

We have set up webfocus client for internal use only which means we can only access within company's network. However, one of the user is asking that he wants to access it when he is out of office. Are we still able to do that on Mobile fav? Also where I can set up my SMTP?
thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
October 03, 2016, 11:06 AM
Tamra
quote:
We have set up webfocus client for internal use only which means we can only access within company's network. However, one of the user is asking that he wants to access it when he is out of office. Are we still able to do that on Mobile fav? Also where I can set up my SMTP?
thanks.

Hi AJEN7118,

If your user can log into your VPN ( assuming there is one) then they should have access to the Mobile Favs.

I am not sure what you are asking about SMTP, but can you review the following:

Set the Email configuration on the WebFOCUS Administration Console:
1) Open the admin console and expand Configuration then Other
2) Verify IBI_email_reports is set to TRUE
3) Verify the smtp server is set for: IBI_Email_Server

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kind Regards,
Tamra Colangelo
IBI Focal Point Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
October 03, 2016, 04:41 PM
AJEN7118
Hi Tamra,

Thanks for replying my question.

Just to clarify that the site can be only accessed thru intranet (internal network) instead of internet, does that mean we can either set up VPN to access or publish the whole site on internet? Is there no other way?

thank you

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
October 11, 2016, 03:43 PM
<Emily McAllister>
Hi AJEN7118,

Unfortunately yes, I believe that is the only option you have. You should have your users VPN into the network in order to access Mobile Faves.

Emily McALlister
Focal Point Moderator