Focal Point
[SOLVED] Formatting for PDF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/248101413

December 10, 2009, 01:03 PM
Anthony
[SOLVED] Formatting for PDF
Hello,

Does anyone know any StyleSheet features that are equivelant to COLSPAN and HEADALIGN which are not supported for the PDF format? I am trying to apply some custom column headers that span over several columns and once I send to PDF it stops working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
December 10, 2009, 02:41 PM
Prash1983
Anthony, can you be more specific?
snapshot of code can be helpful so that we can look and analyze it.

webFOCUS 7.6.x,
z/OS(Mainframes),
Excel and HTML
December 10, 2009, 03:14 PM
Francis Mariani
Try POSITION.

Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Using Headings, Footings, Titles, and Labels > Choosing an Alignment Method for Heading and Footing Elements

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
Waz
WIDTH is supported for several outputs.

What formats do you need it to work for ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

December 11, 2009, 12:52 PM
Anthony
Thanks for your replies. The User requirements have changed (again) from PDF to Excel and the COLSPAN works perfectly in XLS. If the requirements should change back to PDF I will definatately use the recommendations you provided.
December 11, 2009, 01:32 PM
mgrackin
Anthony,

I wrote two extensive articles on HTML and PDF report design which are available under the Tips and Techniques section of the IB - Developer Center. Part II may be more applicable to your PDF layout needs if your customer changes back to PDF again.

Here's the link:

HTML and PDF Report Desgin - Part II

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011