Focal Point
[CLOSED] MRE Save My Report with out Save Dialogue Box

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2517094236

July 28, 2013, 11:40 AM
ECosain
[CLOSED] MRE Save My Report with out Save Dialogue Box
Hello,

We have a requirement to save reports to the My Reports section by typing in a name in the HTML file (as a parameter) instead of going through the save dialogue box.

Just checking to see if anyone has done this before.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Cosain

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.3
DevStudio, MRE
July 31, 2013, 05:20 PM
Rakesh P
You can try by using report catser APIs

Webfocus 7.1.6, Webfocus 7.7, Webfocus 8
July 31, 2013, 07:39 PM
dhagen
You can deconstruct the URL that is issued when the save happens. It has been a while, but I believe these are the parameters required:

IBIF_adhocfex: '',                      // actual fex with \n at the end of each line.
IBIMR_domain: '',                       // current domain name.
IBIMR_str1: '',                         // fex description and eventual name of the adhoc request.
IBIMR_random: '',                       // random number.
IBIMR_folder: '#.olapcustomreports',    // folder name (static)
IBIMR_length: '-1',                     // dunno (static)
IBIMR_action: 'MR_NEW',                 // defines as new (static)
IBIMR_flags: 'infoAssist,rassist',      // flags to ensure IA can be called (static)
IBIMR_sub_action: 'MR_MY_REPORT'        // defines content as myreport (static)  

I suggest you use an Ajax call and then check the resulting response for "1000" <== success.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
August 06, 2013, 04:38 PM
ECosain
Hello,

Thank you for your response.
These look correct. But it also includes the paramaters (e.g., IBICF_compUid11. Would those need to be included?

Thank you,

Elizabeth

WebFOCUS 7.7.3
DevStudio, MRE
August 07, 2013, 06:54 AM
dhagen
I have no idea. Only one way to find out ... build the request and see.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott