Focal Point
Compound PPT WebFOCUS output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2541007782

June 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
Penny_Lester
Compound PPT WebFOCUS output
Hello all, we have a 56 slide PPT compound report being generated in WebFOCUS 7.6.4 on a windows platform. Sometimes when we run the PPT all the slides look perfect, and sometimes when we run it a graph is rendered on the wrong slide. For example slide #2 is supposed to be a pie chart, but it has the bar graph from slide #7...and the graph for slide #7 is repeated on slide #7 - so it isn't that the two graphs have swapped. The pie chart does not show up on any of the slides! This happens in a seemingly random manner.

Has anyone written a compound PPT with 56 slides, and if yes, have you ever experienced this type of behavior? Any thoughts any of you gurus have are most welcome!

Regards,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit
June 13, 2008, 02:14 AM
Tony A
Penny,

You might want to raise this with tech support as I am sure that, being a relatively, 'new' output format, that they will be keen to ensure that there are no underlying problems.

I have only used it in testing with about four or five slides, but I haven't seen any problems.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
June 13, 2008, 08:32 AM
Penny_Lester
thanks Tony - I did in fact open a case with techsupport.ibi.com before posting in Focal Point. I suspect, as you stated most people are only creating a few slides in a compound PPT format.

Tom Flynn did suggest we clear the HOLD folder, and we will give that a try. I will update here with the results. *Thanks for the suggestion Tom!

Thanks Tony.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit