Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     <RESOLVED> onmouseover event to change picture image

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
<RESOLVED> onmouseover event to change picture image
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Not a WebFOCUS related question per se but hopefully someone will be able to assit...

I have a dashboard created using the HTML composer in Dev Studio that contains image files. I would like to add an onmouseover event to reference a different image file loacated in the same directory as the orgiinal. For some reason this isn't working like I would expect. Are there any tricks or nuances that I need to be aware of in the HTML composer?

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kadkins,

Linux x86
Apache
Excel, CSV, HTML, PDF

Posts: 31 | Registered: September 29, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You don't tell what it isn't doing.

The better approach to the problem, however, is something like this: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites/

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it's not doing anything "onmouseover" instead of changing the pic as I would expect.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Linux x86
Apache
Excel, CSV, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try putting an alert('something'); in the function your mouseover event attempts to call. That way you can see whether it's actually getting to that point.

A few things to check:

• Dev Studio has a tendency to create multiple copies of the javascript function that gets called on mouseover. That happens if you click the event in the properties tab multiple times. Remove the extra copies of the same function and you should have more success.
  • You may unintentionally have created event handlers on surrounding page content that overrides your mouseover event.
  • Maybe you have a javascript error in your function.

I'm pretty sure that if you'd be referring to your image using the wrong URL, that your mouseover image would at least blink a bit if you hover over it. So that's probably not where the problem is.

Personally I prefer to debug things like these using Firebug (a Firefox addon) and putting a breakpoint at the event-handler function for that mouseover event. It's a very good tool, but you do need to know a bit about javascript to use it effectively.
(Also note that the latest WebFOCUS-certified version of firefox is 3.5.7. Most people allow it to update automatically, in which case you get firefox 5)

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wep. My issue was, as you mentioned, the multiple copies of the javascript function... one of which was blank Confused

Anyways, I cleared that up and it is now working exactly as I would expect.

Thanks again!

Linux x86
Apache
Excel, CSV, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
debug things like these using Firebug

You can also debug within IE using their tool accessible by pressing F12. I understand that it is similar to firebug.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
True, but that tool is only available if you installed some other piece of software. IIRC the IE debugger "plugin" automatically gets installed with Visual Studio. Still, it helps with figuring out which incompatibilities in IE broke your code :P