Focal Point
[SOLVED] multiple select - html form

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2551030112

February 02, 2007, 08:56 AM
Jason K.
[SOLVED] multiple select - html form
I am in the process of building my first HTML form. Referencing page 25 of the "Developing Reporting Applications with Graphical Tools" Manual, a control called a multi-select drop down list is possible.

I create a button on my form, then link it to an external procedure. This creates textboxes for all of my amper variables (really neat!) but, I can't just change them to multi-select anything and when it runs, users can only select one value at a time!

How do I get this multi-select deal to work?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
February 02, 2007, 10:49 AM
TexasStingray
When you create your where statement in the report you need to tell it that it is multi select, save it then relink the button hyperlink. That should do it for you.

Scott

Scott

Great!
How do I set my where statement to a multi select?

I've tried
WHERE Store_Name IN &STORE_NAME
but the html layout painter gives a warning that the parameter won't support a multiselect.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
Edit the Report in the GUI

From the menu click Report>Where/If>
Selec the correct expression and click assist
With Compare Type to Parameter, Double Click the Compare Value and change Variable Type to MutliSelect OR and then ckick OK save and close Report. In the HTML layput painter, right click the button and choose Hyperlink properties and then Click OK.

Scott

Scott

Thanks so much!

If you would like to do it in the code try this:

Type the word multiple as typed here between tabIndex and size.
Example: tabIndex="3" multiple size=3

Enter a 1 for addalloption="#"
If you want an option for ALL

Enter OR for operation=" "
You can also use AND if needed.

Dev Studio: 7.1.3
WinXP
HTML, Excel, PDF