Focal Point
[SOLVED]Creating labels using report painter: what should be listed under label type?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2587077666

January 17, 2014, 04:30 PM
leo13
[SOLVED]Creating labels using report painter: what should be listed under label type?
Hi,
I am trying to use report painter in DevStudio to create mailing labels. When I go to the report menu, format, output, ... mailing label options and then choose label type, my two choices are "None" and "Custom label". Is that right? Should I have other options listed, like perhaps standard Avery label types? I know I can enter avery data directly in the stylesheet code for my fex, but I seemed to remember that you could also choose a label type somewhere. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? Thanks for any suggestions.

BTW ... this is with WF/DevStudio 7.7.05

This message has been edited. Last edited by: leo13,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows 2008
January 28, 2014, 02:58 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi leo13,

Printing Avery mailing labels is discussed briefly in the following document:

Tips for Printing Avery Mailing Labels in WebFOCUS Developer Studio

If using this information still doesn't show the specific label types in your environment, please open a case on InfoResponse Online so that we can look into it further.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn
February 11, 2014, 02:21 PM
leo13
Our WF Administrator opened a case with IBI Support. For some reason, no style sheets including fclabels.sty (which has all of the Avery label definitions) seem to have been included with the DevStudio 7.7.05. (The DevStudio documentation, however, mentions that several stylesheets should be available.) IBI copied them from another version and sent them to us. Once I put fclabels.sty in the bin directory for DevStudio I was able to get the popup list of mailing label choices.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows 2008