Focal Point
NOSPLIT

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2611029781

September 27, 2006, 12:15 PM
ok_dhs
NOSPLIT
I have a compound PDF report where I am printing all field values using the ‘OVER’. The sort field is ‘NOPRINT’ and it is also used for ‘SKIP-LINE’ and ‘SUBFOOT’ (SUBFOOT is printing 2 A2000 fields). I am trying to use ‘NOSPLIT’ but it does not work. I checked the documentation and it shows that NOSPLIT does not work with PAGE-BREAK (on same sort field), HOLD, SAVE, SAVB, and TABLEF. I am not using any of these. Can you guys look at the code and tell me what I am doing wrong or is it just a compatibility issue?
Here is the code

TABLE FILE TASSIGNMENT
PRINT
STRT_DT AS 'START DATE:' OVER
END_DT AS 'END DATE:' OVER
P_LSTUPDTID AS 'LAST UPDATED BY:' OVER
INTFC_UPDT_DT AS 'INTERFACE UPDATE DATE:'
BY ASGN_ID NOPRINT SKIP-LINE NOSPLIT
ON ASGN_ID SUBFOOT
"RESPONSIBLE WRKR COMNTS:<28>"SUMMARY:<28>HEADING
"<20>KIDS CASEDUMP REPORT - Case Id: "
"Section: Case Summary"
"Sub-Section: Assignment/Transfer History"
WHERE D_ENT_FOR_ID EQ 20000004
AND D_ENT_FOR_TYP_CDE EQ 295;
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE
END

p.s Please keep in mind that I have bunch of JOIN commands before TABLE FILE command to get data from different tables.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server
September 27, 2006, 02:23 PM
Prarie
Do you have a PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN somewhere before also?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
I couldn't find my notes or recreate the problem, but I could have sworn I had a similar problem years ago. I think I either had to put SET PRINTPLUS=ON or I had to fake it out and put a blank SUBHEAD. I can't cause the problem to happen on my machine anymore, so I can't test it. What version are you on?

webfocus 8.105M; os: windows; pdf, html, exl2k, csv
Yes, I have ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN in the first report (it’s a compound report). Also, we are using version 7.1.3 (all 3, dev. Studio, web and reporting servers).

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server
Hey Pam, thank you so much. I tried using the SET PRINTPLUS=ON and it fixed the problem. I appreciate all your help.

Mike