Focal Point
Column Title and OVER

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2641040202

December 18, 2006, 10:29 AM
Francis Mariani
Column Title and OVER
DEFINE FILE CAR
CAR_COUNT/D6S = 1;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
CAR_COUNT
BY SEATS AS 'Seats'
ROWS 1 OVER 2 OVER 3 OVER 4 OVER 5
ACROSS COUNTRY AS 'Country' COLUMNS 'JAPAN' AND 'ITALY' AND 'FRANCE'
END

The "AS 'Seats'" is ignored. Anyone know how to provide a column title for a column controlled by ROWS ... OVER ...?

Thanks,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 18, 2006, 10:50 AM
Leah
quote:
DEFINE FILE CAR
CAR_COUNT/D6S = 1;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
CAR_COUNT
BY SEATS AS 'Seats'
ROWS 1 OVER 2 OVER 3 OVER 4 OVER 5
ACROSS COUNTRY AS 'Country' COLUMNS 'JAPAN' AND 'ITALY' AND 'FRANCE'
END

I'm not familiar with the 'ROWS' option, why are you using it? To show all possible seat numbers that could occur?

Leah
December 18, 2006, 11:01 AM
Francis Mariani
I am creating a report to show all possible countries and all possible seats.

COLUMNS ... AND ... does that for ACROSS.

ROWS ... OVER ... does that for BY.

It seems illogical that AS '...' works for ACROSS COLUMNS, but it does not work for BY ... ROWS

Cheers,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 18, 2006, 11:14 AM
Leah
quote:
I am creating a report to show all possible countries and all possible seats.

COLUMNS ... AND ... does that for ACROSS.

ROWS ... OVER ... does that for BY.

I learned a new thing. I looked it up in the manual, one of the comments says 'the name of the sort field is not included in the report' which is probably why the AS doesn't work, so the big questions is why can't we give the row a column title?

Leah
December 18, 2006, 11:38 AM
Tony A
Probably the same reason as you do not get a column heading for the field used in the FOR syntax in FML - not that I know the reason of course. Just surmising that it's probably linked Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
December 18, 2006, 12:57 PM
Francis Mariani
I have quite a few issues I'd like to see fixed before getting fancy new accordion thingies and the like.

Francis