Focal Point
[CLOSED] Focus File Description Change Error in Maintain Program

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2657006726

January 03, 2013, 04:17 PM
KentO
[CLOSED] Focus File Description Change Error in Maintain Program
I needed to add fields to two Focus files. I ran the REBUILD REORG utility to add the new fields to the files and deployed the Maintain programs that use the files. All programs worked as expected in Local Host. When I copied the files and programs to the server and restarted the server, the programs that used the one file worked, but the Maintain programs that used the other file got the "File Description" error. The only difference I see in the files is that in the file that worked, I added the new fields at the end of a segment and in the file that didn't work, I added the new fields in the middle of the segment.
Any ideas?
Kent

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Windows2003 Server, WebFOCUS 7.7.02 Developers Studio and MRE
January 04, 2013, 07:52 AM
Maintain Wizard
Kent
My first thought is, are you using compiled Maintain procedures? Is it possible that you didn't recompile the MNT files? Please check that.

Also, the standard deploy process does not move MAS and FOC files over. Please make sure that the MAS and FOC files on the server (or in the SU path) are exactly the same as the ones on localhost.

Since the Maintain procedure is running on localhost, can I assume that you opened the MNT file inside the Maintain development environment? If you haven't done this, please open up the MNT file, make a small change so the new Master is saved, then redeploy and run.

If all of this still fails, zip up the files and send them to me: Mark_Derwin@ibi.com.

Mark