Focal Point
MR Admin Console Access

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2661090582

May 22, 2008, 11:45 AM
MO Admin
MR Admin Console Access
I need help recovering Administrator acces in the MR Administration Console.

What I did was try to add two more users to the Administrator group. The it began with just wfadmin, so I added ",user1,user2", saved. It kicked me out and wanted to log back in. When I logged back in as user1, it was just Developer access. Same with user2. Then I logged back in with wfadmin, and it was also Developer access. So now I have no way to get back to the parameter in the console.

I found in the documentation that the ibiweb.cfg file on the server is where this info is stored. Found the file that had been modified today and removed what I had entered online, so it was back to jus wfadmin. No change. Restarted the application, no change.

Can someone please help me recover my administratior access in the MR Admin Console. I am trying to implement External Authentication, but cannot do so because of this.

Thanks

Kevin
May 22, 2008, 11:49 AM
GinnyJakes
The default MRE administrator id is 'admin' not 'wfadmin' and with no password unless you've changed it.

Why don't you open a case on this and let IBI guide you through the solution?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 22, 2008, 11:52 AM
MO Admin
When logging in as admin with no pw, also is developer access.

I will open a case. Generally I find the forum quicker response, but I will open a case.

Thanks

Kevin
May 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
TexasStingray
look at ibiweg.cfg in the C:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\client\wfc\web\cgi directory. you will have to reload the web application or restart you application server

Scott

Also list of admin users is semi colon delimited which I think may be the original problem.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
Yes, I also found that in documentation after the fact.

I'm just trying to get back to that point so I can fix it. I have submitted an IBI ticket, but no response from them yet.

Thanks for all your help.

Kevin
Got it. Edited file. Completly rebooted server (luckily it was test), and can now get back in with admin rights.

Thanks again.

Kevin