Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Info Assist creating OR filter instead of AND?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2687083436

October 28, 2013, 11:34 AM
RobertF
[CASE-OPENED] Info Assist creating OR filter instead of AND?
I posted this in Dev Studio...no response yet. Its frustrating!

I have a reporting object. There are about a dozen filters predefined for it. All are set up as parameters, multi select: Or.

Upon opening InfoAssist for the reporting object, the user will *include* the filters for which they would like to make selections. Ex: They may include the: Fiscal Year filter, Dept filter and Location filter. When they click: Run, they might select a single fiscal year, a single department and perhaps multiple locations within the department.

One would think that as they turn each filter ON (include it) that InfoAssist would treat each condition created as an: AND condition. The course #364 manual alludes to this. Most of the time this is the case. Sometimes however IT DOES NOT. It will instead treat a particular filter as an: OR condition. I saw this in the code. I have no idea why and it’s quite annoying. Its not consistent that I can see either. I have been unable to determine a pattern. I believe the issue to be in InfoAssist, not the reporting object but I have no idea what to check.

Any ideas? I am not even sure what supporting info to post. We are running v7703. Thanks for any assistance…I’d like to get this out to folks…it’s my first reporting object related report and I have several more to develop.

WebFOCUS 7.6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
October 29, 2013, 05:59 AM
Twanette
Hi, You say:
quote:
I saw this in the code

Please post an example of where it isn't doing what you think it should.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server
October 29, 2013, 10:33 AM
RobertF
Ok, I went into Info Assist, using the reporting object, I tried to create a report that prompted me for: FISCAL YEAR(s), RptBaNbr(s) and location(s).

I clicked RUN.

I selecta single FY = 2014
I selected a single Location = OFFICE
I selected a handfull of RptBaNbrs.

I got all RptBaNbrs and also locations other than: OFFICE.

I clicked the little magnifying glass and copy the code to MsWord. I am pasting a sampling below. I believe the refernces under the WHERE area should be: ANDS...it put an: OR in there....

-*Do not delete or modify the comments above

TABLE FILE TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL
-SET &SECTION='WHERE';
-INCLUDE lvpgfina/mrv/actvsbudgunitswrvusdtl.fex
WHERE (((
-SET &SECTION='FILTER22';
)
OR (
-SET &SECTION='FILTER21';
))
AND ((
-SET &SECTION='FILTER9';
)));
SUM TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.ACTUNITS/D12.2 AS 'Act Units'

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
October 30, 2013, 04:18 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi RobertF,

Thank you for opening a case for this issue. Please keep us posted on the outcome of the case.

Regards,

Kathryn