Focal Point
Style sheets are not giving any effect in the eMail sent by Report caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2711049452

October 31, 2007, 10:53 AM
johney
Style sheets are not giving any effect in the eMail sent by Report caster
Hi,

I have a stylesheet file stored under approot as
"/approot/frec_code/frecsty.css" (Can be viewed in explorer path as "Managed Reporting --> Web Applications ---> frec_code" )I am able to attach any properties and are taking the effect, if I use it from MRE dashboard or directly run from my EDASERVE application folders. If I use report caster to schedule any one of the reports with the mentioned stylesheet file refered , I am not getting the effect in the emails sent by report caster.

I used both LINK and SET as a try to set the stylesheet as given below.

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

LINK href="/approot/frec_code/frecsty.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

-HTMLFORM END

SET CSSURL=/approot/frec_code/frecsty.css

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
Johney

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF
October 31, 2007, 11:07 AM
Leah
While I haven't used style sheets as such, do you have the report caster job set up to send the output as HTML or some other format?

Leah
November 01, 2007, 02:10 AM
johney
Yes Leah,

I have HTML format to distribute and I selected that option only.

Regards,
Johney.

Version 7.6.11
November 01, 2007, 03:42 AM
Tony A
Johney,

Think about what you are trying to achieve in the HTML file.

It gets delivered to an email user and the URL you have for the stylesheet not fully formed - it doesn't know which server you are refering to.

So the answer (nearly always) is to use a fully formed URL in any reference that you use when the fex is run in Report Caster.

A simple test is to place the full URL in the address box of your browser and click GO. If you get offered the CSS file then you know that the URL is OK to use in your code. If not then keep trying to find the correct URL.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
November 01, 2007, 10:20 AM
johney
Hi Tony,

I tried the full path also but still it didn't go through.It is opening the file if I put it in my browser directly as you suggested.

Thanks and regards,
Johney.

Version 7.6.11
November 01, 2007, 10:25 AM
Tony A
Johney,

The next thing is to look at the HTML that is generated by RC and determine if the CSS file is being included.

If it is then you need to interpret why it is not being used by looking at the tags for class= etc.

If it is not then you need to look at RC to see why. Check log and trace files to help determine this.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
November 01, 2007, 10:34 AM
johney
Hi Tony,

An update . It was my mistake , I used a semicolon after the SET stylesheet command before . Now when I removed that it started working. Thanks again for the great help.

Regards,
Johney.

Version 7.6.11