Focal Point
[CLOSED]App Studio now prompting for credentials on data server!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2727041386

July 18, 2016, 08:24 AM
Mike in DeLand
[CLOSED]App Studio now prompting for credentials on data server!
OK, this is weird. All of a sudden, in App Studio, when I want to edit metadata, it's prompting me for the user id and password, and no matter what I put in, it won't take it. What the heck is going on here? When I tried to edit the metadata using text editor, it let me in, but when I saved my changes, it WIPED OUT THE WHOLE .MAS FILE! I can edit metadata ok from the admin console using text editor however. This is version 8.105.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
July 18, 2016, 09:01 AM
Squatch
I had a situation with App Studio where it was behaving oddly like that. I ended up deleting and recreating the environment.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
July 18, 2016, 09:05 AM
Wep5622
AS connects to the WF client first, which then connects to the WF server.

Evidently, you have sufficient permissions on the server, but perhaps not on the client?

Another possibility is that AS messed up your users wfscom.xml file. Recent DS suffers from the same ailment. We never managed to figure out what causes the problem, but it looks like it's storing an incorrectly encrypted password or something like that.

To fix:

After that you can start AS and recreate your environments.

We tend to keep a copy of a working wfscom.xml around to ease recovering our environments.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
July 18, 2016, 09:13 AM
John_Edwards
Happens to me all the time. Reset your credentials for the Server in the Environments section of the tool. I have screen shots of my settings so that I can remember how things are set up.

A minor foible once you get used to it.