Focal Point
Report/Data cache

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2741019331

November 11, 2005, 01:33 PM
Ron R
Report/Data cache
I'm trying to do some performance testing using a webfocus procedure. The problem I'm having is that when I run this fex for the first time it takes a certain amount of time, then when I run it again it runs much faster. The only way I can get it back to the original performance is to completely reboot my machine. I have all webfocus components installed on my machine. Do you know how I can reset things so I can get back to the original performance? I have EXPIRE_REPORTS set to 1, I've cleared the browser cache, I've stopped and restarted the http server and the Webfocus report server and nothing seems to reset things. The only way I can get back to the original performance is to reboot the computer.

Thanks,
Ron
November 14, 2005, 09:34 AM
Adolf Mergulhao
Against what database are you running the report against. i.e is it FOCUS , Oracle

Webfocus 7.6.2 on Windows Enterprise 2003 Server and
Webfocus 7.6.2 on HP Unix Server
November 14, 2005, 10:30 AM
Ron R
The report is being run against a focus database.
November 14, 2005, 11:45 AM
Francis Mariani
Have you tried adding a random variable to the focexec call, thus making it unique each time you make the call. There seems to be a bug in IE cache management, and clearing the cache is not enough.

Can't explain why the EXPIRE_REPORTS setting doesn't work, though.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 14, 2005, 12:07 PM
<JG>
Ron,

What version of WF are you running?
Do you have access to the WF ADMin console.

There is a facilty within the 5.x console to run a stress test.

This is server based and so client caching is not an issue.

The old fashioned method is to use EDASTART -x or EDASTART -t and take timings from that. However that requires mulitle users to submit at the same time.

The console stress testing manages that for you.

5.x is basic 7.x is much better and gives better stats.

JG