Focal Point
[CLOSED] commands in bat file ignored

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2787028626

December 04, 2012, 04:39 AM
OPALTOSH
[CLOSED] commands in bat file ignored
I am running webfocus from a bat file for example
c:
cd \ibi\srv77\wfs
bin\edastart -f c:\ibi\srv77\wfs\bin\dailysave.t3i
which works fine.

Now I want to do some post processing to copy the t3o file to a new location for checking.

When I add any doss commands to the end of the bat file they are ignored. If I comment out the call to edastart the dos commands work OK.

Is there something I need to do after the edastart call to return control to the DOS command processor?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
December 04, 2012, 09:13 AM
Wep5622
Your problem is that edastart keeps running until the WebFOCUS server is stopped. Only then will the DOS command processor continue to the next statement.

I'm not very familiar with DOS command execution, but on UNIX you can usually run a command "in the background", which forks off a new process to run the command in, after which the command processor will continue to the next statement.

Perhaps DOS has a similar feature, or perhaps edastart has an option to not run in the foreground.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
December 04, 2012, 09:50 PM
ABT
quote:
I'm not very familiar with DOS command execution, but on UNIX you can usually run a command "in the background", which forks off a new process to run the command in, after which the command processor will continue to the next statement.

Perhaps DOS has a similar feature, or perhaps edastart has an option to not run in the foreground.

Its not the same, but you can use CALL to execute another batch file from the first one. I used to write batch files that dynamically created (and executed) batch files in parallel (well, not really, but since they spawned in separate processes, it appeared threaded).

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases: