Focal Point
[CLOSED] FTP reports with ReportCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2807004036

April 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
Leanne Wood
[CLOSED] FTP reports with ReportCaster
I am trying to set up a report to run in ReportCaster. I need to FTP the report to a web server. The WebFocus report output is pdf. When I set up the job to run in ReportCaster, under the Task tab, I chose to Save the report using a more convenient file name. However, once I set up the schedule, the "Save Report As" dialog box is grayed out, and the new report name is gone. The report and schedule work as they should, but I would like to change the file name. Has anyone ever seen this before, and if so, what can I do to correct this?

thanks in advance-
Leanne Wood

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leanne Wood,

WebFOCUS 8.2.02M, App Studio 8.2.02M
Windows 2012 Server, Excel
April 24, 2013, 04:47 PM
Prarie
So when you are in Edit mode on the task it is grayed out?
April 25, 2013, 08:09 AM
Leanne Wood
yes, it is grayed out, and the file name has also disappeared. I looked at the way other reports have been scheduled, and they don't seem to have this problem. I can see and change the file name.

April 25, 2013, 10:43 AM
Guang
I scheduled a job in Report Caster recently to FTP a report to a network folder. I can put the file name without any issues. I guess the connection could be time out. You might just close the current session and start a new session in Developer Studio see what happens.

Guang
April 25, 2013, 03:52 PM
Leanne Wood
thank you for your replies. I haven't figured out what is causing this issue. I will keep looking into it.