Focal Point
Can we capture the values a user selects when running a query in a log?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2807044436

October 31, 2013, 08:48 AM
Tara O
Can we capture the values a user selects when running a query in a log?
My security compliance has asked me to track what values are selected to run a query by each user and store this information . I have the log that says what query they ran , but not if they selected patient 12344332.

8002 Windows
November 01, 2013, 09:33 AM
Doug
Abosolutely. Check out the "Usage Tracking: Know Who Ran What FEX, When, With What Parameters, and More" Summit presentation by Susannah Jones and Anthony Alsford.

quote:
Are your customers actually using the reports you worked so hard to design? Are they using that Active Technology feature or that complicated PDF they insisted upon? Your customers' managers want to see which staff members are actually working hard, by counting the number of times they run your reports. We'll show you a way to track "fexecutions" (collecting fexnames, userids, date/time stamps, and parameters selected) and demonstrate how to generate usage reports. Using a similar technique, we can collect more information about every fexecution, so that a Crashed Agent will be full of easy-to-read clues to help you debug it. All techniques to be highlighted are version- and platform-independent.

November 04, 2013, 02:22 AM
Dave
Anybody got a link for that?

...except for the one that says :
"Registered Summit attendees can download many of the Summit 2013 presentations by logging into our secure event registration site. You can also view our full conference agenda."

?

November 04, 2013, 03:22 PM
nd
Dave--try this thread for using trace to capture the parameters to a file and then parse them out:

http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/6657096916

WF: WebFocus 7.7.03
Data: Oracle, MSSQL, DB2
Output: HTML/AHTML,PDF,EXL2K FORMULA, COMT
November 05, 2013, 02:25 AM
Dave
@nd

thanks !

November 08, 2013, 10:07 AM
Tara O
Did anyone find the link to that presenation ? I read the other thread, but it appears that is only fex specific.. ie I need to find out if user X ran any report for patint id XXXXXXX. I am thinking I should track the SQL passed on SQL server. Then just use the current tool to see what reports they ran then go to SQL to see if they passed that patient ID .

8002 Windows