Focal Point
[CLOSED] FOC2506 - INTERFACE-MANAGED NATIVE JOIN SELECTED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON:

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/28210723

March 06, 2009, 05:13 PM
Noveta
[CLOSED] FOC2506 - INTERFACE-MANAGED NATIVE JOIN SELECTED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON:
I created a view and it works okay in TOAD. I put the trace in my *.fex and it displays the query. The query return from Webfocus works in TOAD also. however the report doesn't display result set. getting error :

FOC2506 - INTERFACE-MANAGED NATIVE JOIN SELECTED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON:FOC2517 - FST. OR LST. WHERE SORT FIELDS DO NOT COVER KEYFOC2590 - AGGREGATION NOT DONE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON:FOC2592 - RDBMS-MANAGED JOIN HAS BEEN DISABLEDSELECT T1."ROVLOGM_ACTIVITY_DATE",T1."ROVLOGM_USER_ID",T1."ROVLOGM_SEQ_NO",T1."ROVLOGM_ACTION",T1."ROVLOGM_AIDY_CODE",T1."ROVLOGM_PIDM",T1."ROVLOGM_ID",T1."FULLNAME",T1."ROVLOGM_KEY_1",T1."ROVLOGM_KEY_2",T1."ROVLOGM_KEY_3" FROMBANINST1.SJC_ROVLOGM T1 WHERE (T1."ROVLOGM_USER_ID" ='JJACQUET') AND (T1."ROVLOGM_AIDY_CODE" = '0708');0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 255183 LINES= 255183

it appears to have returned rows. I searched for the error and I am not using like in my query.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

March 06, 2009, 05:28 PM
GinnyJakes
Since you didn't post the fex, it is a little difficult to see what the problem is.

Are you summing on an alphanumeric field?

What is the data base type? DB2?

What is your platform?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
March 09, 2009, 04:53 AM
GamP
Not just the fex is of importance here. Since the trace mentions that it selected the 'INTERFACE-MANAGED NATIVE JOIN' while no join is in effect in the sql statement, I think it is also best for us to be able to have a look at your master/access file(s). This would improve our ability to assist you.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
May 06, 2009, 09:47 AM
Noveta
quote:
of importance here. Since the trace mentions that it selected the 'INTERFACE-MANAGED NATIVE JOIN' while no join is in effect in the sql statement, I think it is also best for us to be able to have a look at your master/access file(s). This

I changed the design of my code and the way I was doing the report summary and report detail.
And the error went away.

Sorry If I didn't get back to you sooner.