Focal Point
[SOLVED] Job runs realtime; job fails in Report Caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2827038295

November 01, 2010, 08:15 PM
S.J. Kadish
[SOLVED] Job runs realtime; job fails in Report Caster
We have some rather elaborate focexecs that are fired off successfully real-time from a dashboard launch page. However, when trying to run the jobs from Report Caster (RC) the jobs do not run.

1.) There seems to be an issue with &variables beyond the first hold file. The McGyver workaround is to convert these &variables to DEFINEs or COMPUTEs. However, I don't know why the &variables would ever be a show-stopper. Additionally, there is a ranking step where the ranking is BY HIGHEST or BY LOWEST, with these sort orders tied to the prime sort variable, which is passed as an amper variable as well.

2.) The error message show this item: Task error: UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND  . The Tech Support ECL search has very little for "Task error: UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND", and nothing that solves the issue.

As usual, many thanks to all respondents. Adult beverages when possible. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S.J. Kadish,

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
November 01, 2010, 08:27 PM
Waz
Are you able to post the code + output.

Although I'm not an RC expert, we don't have it here, I do seem to remember one simple check, if its still the case.

SET &ECHO=ON or OFF, not ALL.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

November 01, 2010, 08:36 PM
S.J. Kadish
Before I supply the details I will change the -SET &ECHO setting. Who knows, it might make a difference.

Regards to everybody Down Under.

Sandy Kadish
November 01, 2010, 10:02 PM
S.J. Kadish
Lesson learned:

In the HTML launch page do not click on "Send Display Values". This setting does not impact the conventional real-time request. However, lesson learned, sending the display value will not correctly send the &variables required to finish the report.

Sandy Kadish