Focal Point
[SOLVED] Linking parameters and populating dropdowns without html composer

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2847016326

August 28, 2012, 06:49 PM
Prince Joseph
[SOLVED] Linking parameters and populating dropdowns without html composer
Does anyone have any experience linking parameters and populating dropdowns without using html composer? I have created some html pages using -HTMLFORM whose functionality simply wouldn't work in html composer and was curious if anyone had any examples of linking up parameters and assigned fexes to iframes etc without using html composer.

Thanks,
Prince

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 8, All Outputs

August 28, 2012, 06:57 PM
Waz
I've built something, but it is very complex

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

August 29, 2012, 10:22 AM
Prince Joseph
Yes, I figured it would be. I think my best shot is to create all the parameter links,dropdowns and everything in html composer, then edit the code manually to implement all the extra stuff that I want. I have noticed that if you used -HTMLFORM with the code that html composer generates that it works without issue. Hopefully I can get this to work.

Webfocus 8, All Outputs

August 29, 2012, 02:06 PM
Doug
quote:
I think my best shot is to create all the parameter links,dropdowns and everything in html composer
I'm glad that you said that. My first thought was Confused Why wouldn't you want to use, or at least start with the html composer ...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
August 30, 2012, 06:37 PM
Prince Joseph
Doug, yea I don't know why I didn't think of that first. I created all the parameter links and everything in html composer and then edited the code myself afterwards. It been working like a charm. I just won't be able to open this page in html composer ever again Razzer

Webfocus 8, All Outputs