Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Defer button from the Launch page in WF 7.1.4

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Defer button from the Launch page in WF 7.1.4
 Login/Join

posted
We would like to be able to run a report deferred from the launch page (which is generated using HTML Layout Painter). We are using version 7.1.4. Previously,in version 5.3.4, we used to insert a piece of code for Defer button and it served the purpose. The same code doesn't work in the present version.

To put it in simple words, I would like to have a defer button on the Input screen generated from the GUI.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We have a case open with IBI as to why you can't do this anymore. Might try that.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We do have a ticket open.I was curious if anyone else is having the same issues and have figured a workaround

Expert
posted Hide Post
dear Fex08, first would you be kind enough to edit your profile signature so we know what system architecture you have.
Then post your 'piece of code for Defer button'
so we can see how to tweak it,.. taking the pressure off CSS, they're short handed.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Susannah. I have updated my Signature.

Here is the Javascript I am using for the Defer button

function onSubmdefer()
{
document.form.IBIMR_defer.value="Defer";
document.form.submit();
}

Code for the Defer Button

INPUT language=java_script id=button2 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: xxpx; WIDTH: xxpx; POSITION: absolute; TOP: xxpx; HEIGHT: xxpx" onclick="java_script: onSubmdefer[);return false;" tabIndex=1 type=button value=Defer name=button2 requests_list="0"> 

I add this code to the HTML code generated by the HTML Layout painter

Thanks

Prod: 714 - Dev Studio - DB2
Test: 714 - Dev Studio - DB2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fex08,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Fex08,

Edit your code to look at it and check that you have a INPUT of TYPE=HIDDEN with a NAME value of IBIMR_defer. If you haven't then that could be your problem.

Oh, BTW, do not try and look in the HTML tab as it doesn't show you ALL the code that is contained within your HTML file.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tony.I will try that out and let you know.

posted Hide Post
It doesnt work!
For some reason,HTML Layout Painter is not accepting any external code additions to the code generated by the GUI.I opened the code in Text editor.

Thanks

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
i'm also interested in running a report in deferred mode from an input screen created with the resource layout painter. has anyone gotten this to work?

---------------------
WebFOCUS 7.6

posted Hide Post
Presently this task has been moved down my task list as I am working on other important tasks. But I am open for any suggestions or ideas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fex08,

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
For some reason,HTML Layout Painter is not accepting any external code additions to the code generated by the GUI.I opened the code in Text editor

The beauty of the GUI!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
OK, with WebFOCUS 7.x the Resource Layout Painter no longer uses a standard form for submitting request back to the Web Server and Reporting Server it creates a form on the fly. With that said here is a trick that might work I have not tested it. In your focexec add the following code to create the IBIMR_defer variable.

-DEFAULT &IBIMR_defer = '';
-SET &IBIMR_defer = &IBIMR_defer;

Now go back into resource layout and relink to the focexec. This should create another prompt. Make the prompt a list box and add the followind to the value/display options for the list box
value       display
No          No
Defer       Yes

Then when to ckick the run/submit button it should work. Please post your results.

PS: Deferred Reports is Licensed with MRE/UAS/Dashboard Only!

Hope this Helps

Scott

posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will test it and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

posted Hide Post
Hi TexasStingray

When I tried to apply your trick, a blank window opens up as I click on the Run button but it doesn't execute the report. I guess there is some thing else missing.

Heres what I did : I have a simple CAR Report

-DEFAULT &IBIMR_defer = '';
-SET &IBIMR_defer = &IBIMR_defer;
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
COUNTRY
LENGTH
WHEELBASE
RPM
WHERE SALES GE &SALES
END

The Input screen generated by Resource Layout Editor has a list box with two inserted values for IBIMR_defer. When I select Yes and click Run.A blank window opens up with no Message and there is no report available in the Deferred reports.

Thanks

posted Hide Post
I am closing this thread for now. Will re-open it when I figure out the solution.

Thanks everyone for all your assistance

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Did anybody solved this issue?

Implementing Defer button from launch page in WF 7.1.4 created through Resouce layout.

Share your opinion guys.

Thank
TryFocus

Prod: WF 7.6.10 windows. -- MRE/Dashboard/Self Service/ReportCaster - Windows XP

Posts: 82 | Location: Chicago | Registered: September 28, 2005Report This Post
<BillBrockington>
posted
In order to give the run button the ability to execute reports immediately or run deferred, the following code needs to be added to each html launch page.

Label for Run Deferred?:
<SPAN id=text1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; Z-INDEX: 6; LEFT: 30px; WIDTH: 61px; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6px; HEIGHT: 32px" tabIndex=6>
<DIV>Run
</DIV>
<DIV>Deferred?
</DIV>
</SPAN>

Select list box:
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 28px; WIDTH: 51px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 33px; HEIGHT: 39px" tabIndex=3 size=2 name=IBIMR_defer addalloption="0" accept="0" operation="NONE" datasource requiredfield="64947760" datatype="0" datafieldtype="INTIGER" sourcetype="typeMaster">
<OPTION value=No selected displaytext="No">No
</OPTION>
<OPTION value=Defer displaytext="Yes">Yes
</OPTION>
</SELECT>

Variable IBIMR_defer:
<variable field="" file="car.mas" desc="" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="IBIMR_defer" accept="0" type="default" select="0" controltype="9">
</variable>

The car.mas file name can stay.

Be careful with id's (text1, combobox1, etc.).
You will have to reposition the list box on the page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
<BillBrockington>
posted
Sorry the code did not paste!

Label
<SPAN id=text1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; Z-INDEX: 6; LEFT: 30px; WIDTH: 61px; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6px; HEIGHT: 32px" tabIndex=6>
<DIV>Run
</DIV>
<DIV>Deferred?
</DIV>
</SPAN>

Select list Box:
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 28px; WIDTH: 51px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 33px; HEIGHT: 39px" tabIndex=3 size=2 name=IBIMR_defer addalloption="0" accept="0" operation="NONE" datasource requiredfield="64947760" datatype="0" datafieldtype="INTIGER" sourcetype="typeMaster">
<OPTION value=No selected displaytext="No">No
</OPTION>
<OPTION value=Defer displaytext="Yes">Yes
</OPTION>
</SELECT>

Variable IBIMR_defer:
<variable field="" file="car.mas" desc="" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="IBIMR_defer" accept="0" type="default" select="0" controltype="9">
</variable>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
<BillBrockington>
posted
Try again
""

"
"

"
Run

Deferred?