Focal Point
[SOLVED] How do you nolock?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2887058196

October 22, 2019, 12:08 PM
John_Edwards
[SOLVED] How do you nolock?
I like to be a good programmer citizen, and that means issuing my SQL*Server requests with a nolock. Is there a way to do this in native FOCUS code?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

October 22, 2019, 05:10 PM
Hallway
No sure what version of WF you are using. So, from the 8201M docs, this might answer your question. Syntax: How to Specify Transaction Isolation Level From a SET Command

NOLOCK Is equivalent to READUNCOMMITTED. So, you would use the RU option.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

October 23, 2019, 07:40 AM
Frans
I doubt that being a good programmer citizen has anything to do with uncomitted / dirty reads

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
October 23, 2019, 09:15 AM
John_Edwards
quote:
Originally posted by Hallway:
No sure what version of WF you are using. So, from the 8201M docs, this might answer your question. Syntax: How to Specify Transaction Isolation Level From a SET Command

NOLOCK Is equivalent to READUNCOMMITTED. So, you would use the RU option.

Yikes! So if I set using that command I can issue a TABLE FILE request and it will adhere to the restriction, yes? I should put SQL SQLMSS SET ISOLATION RU; at the beginning of the focexec to achieve the result? The documentation isn't very clear on that.

October 23, 2019, 09:17 AM
John_Edwards
quote:
Originally posted by Frans:
I doubt that being a good programmer citizen has anything to do with uncomitted / dirty reads

I recycle too.

October 23, 2019, 10:00 AM
FP Mod Chuck
John

If you want this to be a global setting put it in the server profile (edasprof.prf) and all reports will use this setting.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats