Focal Point
[CLOSED] In what context does the "Toggle One/Two Pages Display" control work?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2887074096

July 03, 2018, 12:26 PM
Don Garland
[CLOSED] In what context does the "Toggle One/Two Pages Display" control work?
In the menu bar, there is an option for Toggling One/Two Page Display. I can't find it in the manual and haven't had any luck getting it to activate by changing the context.

Anyone using this feature?

Thank you,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
July 03, 2018, 01:44 PM
CoolGuy
In what context are you working in? AppStudio? BIP? RCaster? Admin Console? Etc.?

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
July 03, 2018, 04:18 PM
Don Garland
I have a procedure open in the text editor.

PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
July 03, 2018, 04:24 PM
CoolGuy
List of possible text editors you could be using:
- BIP built-in;
- AppStudio's;
- VS Code;
- Atom;
- Sublime;
- Notepad++;
- Etc.

????????

July 05, 2018, 03:58 PM
Don Garland
AppStudio

July 05, 2018, 04:26 PM
CoolGuy
Don,

Thank you for providing what editor you are using. I'm looking in the menu area but not seeing that option anywhere. From time to time, back when I actually used AppStudio to edit with, I'd drag a 2nd tab of code over to the far right of the current editor space until a dashed line began to show indicating the dragged editor would be shown in a split-screen fashion: the 1st editor sitting next to the 2nd together instead of sitting together on top of one another. Is this what you refer to?

Nowadays, I use the far better option of VS Code to do my editing in. I not only use split screen functionality vertically, but as of today's 1.25 release, I can now do so vertically as well.

Hope that helps you.

July 06, 2018, 03:44 PM
Don Garland
Here are some screen shots with different editors open. Whatever the control is, I haven't found a way to activate it.

July 06, 2018, 03:58 PM
CoolGuy
Aha! That, from my search for it, is a part of the Print Preview grouping of custom commands for the title bar shortcuts. Guessing it toggles whether you see 1 or 2 pages in previewing what will print. Never used it. Only buttons I have up there are the Save, Undo, Redo, and Run buttons. I usually gut the rest.