Focal Point
[CLOSED] New Chart/ Visualizations Styles

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2907051886

October 26, 2017, 09:58 AM
deep_uppal
[CLOSED] New Chart/ Visualizations Styles
Just looking to see if anyone wants to share some new chart-styles and visualizations they have integrated into their environment.

Just looking to see if we as a group can freshen the chart offerings a bit.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
October 26, 2017, 10:05 AM
BabakNYC
Take a look here:

https://github.com/ibi/wf-extensions-chart/wiki

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
October 26, 2017, 10:12 AM
deep_uppal
Thanks! I've looked through the extensions and gone through the D3 repositories pretty extensively...

I was hoping for another source of enhanced, updated, modern looking visualizations. I'll upload some of the charts we are in the process of updating later today.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
October 30, 2017, 11:30 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi Deep_uppal

The D3 extensions are the only add on charts I am aware of, I am somewhat surprised you have not found any that would work.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
October 31, 2017, 04:56 AM
Tony A
If you only want to use the GUI to achieve visuals, then Chuck and Babak are spot on, the HTML5 Extensions are fairly extensive.

I also utilise other D3 charts which have not been added to the growing list of HTML5 extensions yet. I also use WebFOCUS functions to output SVG objects to create a varied list of widgets and Info Graphics, but I tend to do this using a text editor over the GUI.

I posted this in August last year.

The limiting factor, as always, is what you are capable of imagining and producing.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10