Focal Point
Combining Synonyms [SOLVED]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2907074576

April 06, 2015, 01:28 PM
Scott Matson
Combining Synonyms [SOLVED]
I am trying to combine two synonyms into one new synonym. Is it possible to create a synonym made up of two or more synonyms but have it look like one table?

Here is a more detailed view of what I'm trying to achieve:

I have a sales fact (Fact Table A) table that is used as the head of a larger synonym (synonym with various dimensions joined to that fact table), but I want to add an additional fact table to it. What I have attempted is to take Fact Table A and join it to Fact Table B and save that as a new synonym (Joined_Facts_AB). I then want to put Joined_Facts_AB at the top of my large synonym one fact table. But, Joined_Facts_AB synonym looks like Fact Table A and segment 1 and Fact Table B as a child of A. Is there a way to make Joined_Facts_AB look like one table instead of multiple segments?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Matson,

WebFOCUS 8007
April 06, 2015, 05:22 PM
Dan Satchell
When two tables are joined together, there will always be a parent-child relationship and FOCUS will always show that relationship in terms of segments. If table B is joined to table A as a separate segment - as are the dimension tables, why is that a problem?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
April 07, 2015, 02:02 AM
Danny-SRL
If you really need to have a clustered master look as one table, after you have built your clustered master, in its hierarchy form, use it to create a business view with a single segment.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

April 10, 2015, 02:48 PM
Scott Matson
We are going about this a different direction. This was more of a brainstorming question. Ulimately, we are trying to create a multi-fact synonym where two fact tables share common dimension tables.

WebFOCUS 8007