Focal Point
ReportCaster not matching burst values

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2921028331

December 30, 2004, 06:50 PM
InsideTGT
ReportCaster not matching burst values
I set up a report to burst and distribute with via dynamic address. The dynamic address fex seems to run fine, but the matching report section(s) for the burst values don't seem to be picked up. The log message is "BTP1010 - No report for PENNER,BRAD J".

As you can see, the burst field is a name field in the format "lastname, firstname minit". (it is the only by field on the report) I'm wondering if the comma or embedded space cause a problem with the matching.

Also, the dynamic address fex isn't producing all the burst values that are in the actual report. I was wondering if that could be the potential issue, where maybe you have to provide
all the burst values in the dynamic address fex for the matches to be returned.

Any help on this is much appreciated. Thanks, and Happy New Year!!!
January 03, 2005, 05:36 PM
<chris>
If the dynamic address list does not have all the burst values and/or has too many, matching reports will burst. If there are values in the dynam list that have no reports, it will say there is not report for xyz.

That said, your burst value in the dynamic address list must match the primary sort field in you bursting report.