Focal Point
Pie chart / Bar chart not displaying when distributed via Email or Report Library

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2931069402

January 03, 2007, 05:54 AM
Navaneeth
Pie chart / Bar chart not displaying when distributed via Email or Report Library
Hi,

I tried to publish a report in Report Library (It contains Pie Chart ), but when i went to report library and opened the report, the graph was not displayed, but the header and footer was displayed correctly.

I am getting a Cross symbol at the top left corner of the graph area. (Something similar to what we get when a picture is not loaded in our Internet Explore.)

Can anyone tell me why I am facing this problem?

Thanks in Advance

Navaneeth
January 03, 2007, 08:11 AM
hammo1j
Got to use the java applet instead of graphics engine - check my similar post about 2 months back...

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
January 04, 2007, 06:44 AM
Navaneeth
Thanks for your help Hammo1j ,

Now I am able to publish my reports in Report Library.

I now tried to distribute the same report via mail as an attachment, the report showed only the header and footer and the graph was missing. I didn’t even get the Cross symbol at the Top left corner.

But I got a mail notification stating that the report has run successfully and has been mailed.

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Thanks in Advance
January 11, 2007, 11:14 AM
Kerry
Hi Navaneeth,

Has this issue been resolved?

A few questions for you to look into: is the graph to be sent saved in Report Library? What is the report format, e.g. PDF, Excel, HTML, etc? What is the image format?

I ran some search on Information Builders' online documents and came across the following topics, which may be of interest:

"Applet graph notinited" when graph sent to Report Library

Problem scheduling PDF report with a Graph Image

ReportCaster is unable to Distribute any Graphs

Summary: Problem with JSCOM3 execution of HOLD FORMAT IMAGE

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
January 12, 2007, 05:01 AM
Navaneeth
Hi Kerry,

Let me answer your question one by one
1. No the graph to be sent is not saved in report library, I just directly schedule the report to be distribute via e-mail
2. Report output format is HTML.
3. Image format is .GIF.

All are report output format is HTML.

Regards
Navaneeth
January 22, 2007, 10:39 AM
Kerry
Hi Navaneeth,

Has this issue been resolved? Thanks a lot for the details.

I ran a bit search on online documents and came across the following which may be of interest:

Known Problems: 71x:CASTER does not create GIFs correctly - MRE does!

How to distribute a gif in an HTML Report via Caster

I am wondering, maybe the release number is the key here? The known problem was reported in WebFOCUS 711.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.