Focal Point
[CLOSED] Can I execute a procedure on i5/as400 from caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/294102154

May 26, 2010, 12:31 PM
Marikaki
[CLOSED] Can I execute a procedure on i5/as400 from caster
Hi,

This week I had a problem with my scheduled standard report in caster that run with no refreshed data because the extraction procedure on the i5/as400 has not been completed successfully.

I saw in caster that we could have pre and post fex to a scheduled report. But my procedure is a pure as400 object that runs many sql statments but also other as400 commands.

What is your best recommandation? Is any of you client has to do so?

Thanks for your help. Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

May 26, 2010, 12:55 PM
Tony A
Have a look in the Developer Centre at an article called "How to Automatically Delay ReportCaster Jobs".

You can get to the Developer Centre via the first bread crumb link at the top of the page and then head for the Tips and Techniques link on the left hand side of the resultant web page.

My personal preference on this sort of thing is to check for the file existence via a precedent fex and to reschedule the caster job for ten minutes time before using KILL_RPC. Don't forget to set it back to the next run time in a postscript fex as necessary.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
May 26, 2010, 02:40 PM
Marikaki
Thanks Tony,

I will have a look part time. Excellent if there is a solution and if it is faisable. Did you do it once?

Should I close it?
Again thank you.

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

May 27, 2010, 05:39 AM
Tony A
You are welcome. It a good source for many techniques etc. and, yes I have used a similar technique before to circumvent the inability to schedule reports on disparate dates that do not conform to "normal" frequencies such as "first day of month" etc. If your accounting periods are sporadic this method can get you out of a hole! Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10