Focal Point
Quick Query question (Save Option)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2971032342

August 22, 2007, 04:17 PM
rv
Quick Query question (Save Option)
Hi everyone:
I had a question for people who are Quick Query users and have had success customizing it.
Under the Save option when you click on Save, it opens up a pop-up window to store your result. The default location is "Olap Reports" under "My Reports". But you also have the option of going up a level and creating a folder. Is there any way to disable that feature/button?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

rv
August 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
Kerry
Hi all,

FYI, rv has a case opened for this issue and here is the answer from the case:

Unfortunately, the SAVE option for QuickQuery when using Managed Reporting is using a java based window, which does not allow the option to change or disable the save capabilities. Since the Quick Query product is stabilized, there are no plans for any new features as well.

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
August 24, 2007, 11:26 AM
John Sajczuk
Kerry,

will it work in 7.x?
August 24, 2007, 11:43 AM
Kerry
Hi John,

It is designed for 7.1.x releases, but Quick Query will run in WebFOCUS Release 7.6 as well. The automatic installation option is not available, but you can install to get the files in a 7.1.x release and copy them over to a 7.6 release and it will work.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
August 27, 2007, 04:30 PM
<OLAP_GUY>
I wrote the save dialog and implemented it in Query Query and other IBI products, but disabling the button that takes you up one folder was NOT implemented. Thanks

Nderry K. Sallah