Focal Point
Working with Synonyms

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2971037672

March 18, 2008, 07:15 PM
Craig B
Working with Synonyms
When I try to create or edit a synonym I'm being asked to "Enter Connection Information". I'm not sure what it's looking for but if I enter the wrong info twice my connection is terminated and my adaptor deleted. I've tried entering my network info, default WF signon, Admin, etc. As far as I know (and I'm the only one here who uses WF) nothing has been changed. Thoughts?

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4
Output: PDF
March 19, 2008, 08:55 AM
GinnyJakes
Craig,

Are you doing this from the reporting server web console or Developer Studio? Is the synonym for a relational data source? I am going to assume that it is. I always use the web console but I am an admin which you may not be. Before creating a synonym, the adapter definition must exist. When an adapter is set up, connection information is provided to the data base, not the network, and some default read userid and password is provided. Then when you click to create the synonym, no further connection information is required.

If you are being prompted for connection information, you must provide a userid and password that is valid for the data base for which you are trying to create the synonym.

Hope this helps.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
March 19, 2008, 11:06 AM
Craig B
Ginny, thanks for responding. I'm not sure how or why but the supplied credentials were evedently removed from the adaptor and that's why it asked for connection information. When I entered the information it didn't accept it and deleted the adaptor. I recreated it and didn't supply the credentials so it continued to ask and deny. I got to thinking about this overnight (sometimes I do my best work when I'm asleep!) and updated the adpator this morning. It's now working fine. Live and learn.

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4
Output: PDF