Focal Point
Number of Lines on a PDF Report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3011011591

November 06, 2006, 04:47 PM
Dan Stoll
Number of Lines on a PDF Report
Hello All -

I'm having trouble with a PDF report I'm working on.

I work at a college and I'm generating a PDF report on applicants. The data is sorted by recruiter, entry term and last name. The report page-breaks on Entry Term. However, I'm unable to configure the report to include more than two applicants' data on a page even though there appears to be enough room for three sets of data. If I select legal paper instead of letter then it will squeeze more instances on the report. That isn't a realistic solution for us, only an indication of one path to a possible solution.

Does anyone know of a way to control the number of lines on a pdf report? Or perhaps there is another magic combination of parameters that I haven't discovered.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Dan Stoll
WebFocus 7.1.3
November 06, 2006, 04:55 PM
Leah
I was having some PDF issues and the suggestion to SET PRINTPLUS = ON resolved the issue, have you tried that?

Leah
November 06, 2006, 05:02 PM
BlueZone
Dan :
PDF sometimes does cause unique formatting problems, but there are a plethora of stylesheet commands that can be used to get around most of them like::

SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, SIZE=12, UNITS=CM, PAGESIZE=A4, LEFTMARGIN=1.0, TOPMARGIN=2.0, BOTTOMMARGIN=2.0, WRAP=OFF,$

I am sure you will find more like these in the manuals and IBI tech. documentation.
It would also help if you could please post your stylesheet code as you current have it.

Gooooooooooooood day !!
S.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music
November 10, 2006, 11:06 AM
Bernie Ott
In addition, you can reduce the spacing between lines to fit more on the same page.

TYPE=DATA, TOPGAP=.01, BOTTOMOGAP=.01, $

for instance.

As BlueZone said, there are many options.

Just like in high school or college when you're trying to make your term paper fit a specific # of pages. You play with line spacing, margins, etc.
November 10, 2006, 12:21 PM
RichH
Hi Dan,

Checkout WebFOCUS HTML and PDF Report Design
By Mickey Grackin http://www.informationbuilders.com/support/developers/htmlpdf.html
This should give you some ideas to try

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012
November 10, 2006, 01:33 PM
reFOCUSing
don't know if this will help.

ON sortfield NOSPLIT
November 13, 2006, 09:42 AM
Dan Stoll
Thanks for the responses.

The one that worked was SET PRINTPLUS=ON .

Once that setting was in place the other changes (e.g. font size) were reflected in the report output so I could increase the number of lines successfully.