Focal Point
[CLOSED] Synonym Editor Cube View

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3017082595

December 13, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hobbit
[CLOSED] Synonym Editor Cube View
Hi Im am a user of 7.6.5 and have found in the help files something called Cube View within the Synonym editor. However I am unable to find this when i launch the editor and was wondering is this an add-on or am i missing a trick here.

Any help would be most useful

Thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows, all output
December 13, 2010, 03:22 PM
Francis Mariani
I'm sure this option is available only when the synonym is for a Cube data source.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 14, 2010, 04:04 AM
Hobbit
Hi Francis

Thank you for your reply, maybe now would be a good idea to give you more detail.

The master file i have is built, is based off an oracle table which i have summarized as a cube within oracle, built using SQL ie

create table2 as
select
F1,
F2,
Sum(F3) as total
from table1
group by cube (f1,f2)

I think its fair to say that for some reason WF is not recognising my data as a cube so is there anything you can suggest that I need to do in order for the Master File to recognise i am trying to access a cube?

Any further help you have would be most helpful.

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows, all output
December 14, 2010, 04:28 AM
GamP
Oracle cubes are not supported in your version of WebFOCUS. A simple search on IB tech support site learns that oracle cube can be accessed through relational views only. In release 77 support has been added for the API/MDX features of the Oracle Hyperion EPM System Release 11.1.x Client API library.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
December 14, 2010, 04:49 AM
Hobbit
Hmmm ok, in yet I can still access the data within a Master File and report off it. Not ideal as i have to filter the hierarchy.

Bit confused as to why it would say in the help files for 7.6.5 that you can create cubeviews and then have it not supported in 7.6.5, one of the more frustrating elements of WF.

Thanks for your help all the same.

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows, all output
December 14, 2010, 10:12 AM
Francis Mariani
Cube views can be created in v7.6.5 for DB2, Essbase, SAP BW... just not for Oracle. Too bad for you, but great for everyone else.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server