Focal Point
[WORK AROUND / NFR] Compound PDF Flowing Reports: Can they NOSPLIT?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3017095316

November 28, 2011, 12:41 PM
Doug
[WORK AROUND / NFR] Compound PDF Flowing Reports: Can they NOSPLIT?
Is there a setting, or under the covers code adjustment, which causes a NOSPLIT for a flowing report so that the report does not split in mid-report (as long as it fits on a single page)?

Here's the layout:
---------- Someplace mid-page ----------------------------------------------------------------
REPORT-A.line 1........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 2........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 3........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 4........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 5........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 6........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 7........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 8........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 9........................    Report-B................................
REPORT-A.line 10.(Always 10 lines).....    Report-B................................

REPORT-C.(tied / related to REPORT-B)..............................................
REPORT-C...........................................................................
REPORT-C...........................................................................
------------------------------ [b]unwanted page-break[/b] -------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, "on fieldname NOSPLIT" does not work.

Thanks, Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
November 28, 2011, 04:35 PM
Waz
I had the same problem, and the answer is NO.

I have asked for a NFR, but who knows when that may be available.

I ended up calculating if the report would fit, and force it to another page, depending on the number of lines left on each page.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

November 28, 2011, 05:40 PM
Doug
Thanks Waz, That's just what I did not want to hear, probably as much as you didn't want to hear that when you did. BUT, I'm greatful that you did share it.
November 28, 2011, 05:49 PM
Waz
Lets hope that the functionality is added one day.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

November 30, 2011, 10:27 AM
Doug
BTW, Waz, did you open a case for a NFR? If so, what's that case number? I'm converting my case to a NFR and could reference your case.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
November 30, 2011, 03:43 PM
Waz
I just checked my cases, and I asked for it, but was told to open a new request, which I promptly forgot about.

I'll open one now, and you can RDUP it.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

November 30, 2011, 03:51 PM
Waz
The case number is 73342544

Waz...

In Focus since 1984