Focal Point
[CLOSED] Customizing the HTML Access Denied screen

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3067025376

November 13, 2014, 10:33 AM
Scott Matson
[CLOSED] Customizing the HTML Access Denied screen
Is there a way to customize the message a user receives if they click on a link to a WebFOCUS resource that they don't have access to? Right now, if a user clicks on a link to something they don't have access to, it just says "Error....Access to item denied IBFS:/WFC/Repository........"

I'm wondering if I can change this to give the user some instructions (like who to contact if they think they should have access).

A related question might be this: is there a way to redirect a user to a different page if they don't have access. In other words, if I can't change the text of the error page, can I automatically redirect them to a different page if they get the error page?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8007
November 13, 2014, 12:35 PM
susannah
if you have TEXTPAD, and do a 'search in files' for that character string , searching the entire /ibi/*.* directory and subs, you'll probably find it, and can edit whatever config file has that message in it.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
February 18, 2015, 04:39 PM
Tom-Massey
This is a non-answer. It would have been better if you had done the work necessary for the rest of us to find the appropriate directory. Since I do not have the ability to install TEXTPAD on the server, it makes searches difficult (to say the least). Perhaps next time, you will be an expert and give the community the correct directory location to find the files in question.

FYI: Community, I am currently searching the Server for the correct path and will post as soon as I can.
February 18, 2015, 05:11 PM
Francis Mariani
Tom-Massey, susannah is a respected member of FocalPoint - you are not. It's very unfortunate that your first post here is annoying.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
February 18, 2015, 05:15 PM
Francis Mariani
And you're posting your comment on a thread from November 2014.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
February 19, 2015, 08:22 AM
George Patton
I agree with Francis 100%. I'll remember to never offer suggestions to Tom-Massey, who now joins QuickLearner on my "Do not help" list.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
March 02, 2016, 11:39 AM
Ricardo Augusto
Francis, George and Susannah!

Good One

WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio