Focal Point
[Solved]Issue with passing variable to include

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/307106644

May 20, 2010, 09:35 AM
JOE
[Solved]Issue with passing variable to include
Hello

I'm unable to figure out how to pass a calendar date variable to a procedure which is from an -include function. This main procedure(which is the procedure behind the html button) reads a file and then determins which procedure to run. However, each procedure has two parameters - logonid and date..I figured the logon id out but can't get this date selection to pass to this date variable to the desire procedure.. Anybody have any examples out there..Much appreciated.
Thanks

Joe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOE,

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP
May 20, 2010, 09:41 AM
Francis Mariani
-INCLUDE is not a function - it is a Dialogue manager command to incorporate WebFOCUS code that is in another program into the main WebFOCUS program. All variables that exist in the main program are available in the -INCLUDEd program, no "passing" required.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 20, 2010, 01:20 PM
JOE
Your right...I had something currupting my proc. I created a new one and the parameters carried along with all procs..Thanks again! Looks good now.

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP