Focal Point
PDF error -1.#J

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3081067532

July 06, 2007, 03:36 PM
tryFOCUSing
PDF error -1.#J
Does anyone know a common reason for getting the -1.#J error in pdf?

When I run some of my pdf reports I get an error message -1.#J. Once I click ok the pdf comes up blank. The fex is a compound fex using absolute positioning to place the graphs and grids. If I run each portion of the report separately the reports run fine.

Any ideas? Is there a null or something in my data? Right now it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
WIN XP/SP2
July 06, 2007, 04:45 PM
Leah
Haven't seen that type of error, however do you inadvertantly close the compound pdf too soon? And be sure there aren't any 'hidden errors'.

Leah
July 06, 2007, 04:48 PM
FrankDutch
Last week a have build several reports and found a lot of reasons why things went wrong. Not easy to say what happens here.
Search all the reports and look at the code of every report.

What I did in the compound code, is place a "-*' for every component and see if it runs. If it does not, you probably found the needle...
I looked in all the individual reports and found small unexpected code errors like double lables or -EXIT commands.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

July 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
tryFOCUSing
Thanks. I was hoping a bunch of people had encountered this error and it was a relatively standard approach to fix.

Off to debugging...

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
WIN XP/SP2