Focal Point
[CLOSED] Cascading Parameters in App Studio

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3107069476

March 03, 2015, 03:16 PM
Dave H.
[CLOSED] Cascading Parameters in App Studio
Using App Studio 8009

Trying to create a report where the user selects the 'Sales Rep' as the first 'Dynamic Parameter_1'
Next 'Parameter_2' is an auto populated drop down list of the Customers assigned to the Parameter 1 selected Sales Rep.
The user would then go on to select any other parameter values and run the report.

Right now even after I select the Sales Rep from a drop down list for Parameter_1; the entire list of Customers is still displayed.
I would like to see the contents of the Parameter_2 drop down be populated based on the user drived selection in Prameter_1.

Below is a paraphrased version of a portion of the current WHERE statement which is not dynamic....
WHERE ( Sales_Rep EQ '&SalesRep.(FIND Sales_Rep IN Sales).Sales_Rep:.' ) AND( Customer EQ '&Cust.(FIND Customer IN Sales).Customer:.' );

Any help on how to do this in App Studio would be great!

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave H.,

WebFOCUS 8.009
Windows, All Outputs
March 03, 2015, 04:10 PM
eric.woerle
Dave,

From my understanding the FIND Syntax does not allow for filtering of data. What you would want to do is create a HTML page and chain your drop downs together. Do you have any experience with the HTML Composer?

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
March 03, 2015, 04:35 PM
Dave H.
Yes, I have built Self Service reports using the HTML Composer. But was hoping to build this as an App Studio report since I will also need to do a few report caster jobs against this report as well and was looking to make double use of the report.
Thanks for the suggestion.

WebFOCUS 8.009
Windows, All Outputs